Helping clients through COVID-19
As the world grapples with the unfolding COVID-19 situation, I wanted to let you know we are committed to helping our clients through what will likely be difficult and challenging times ahead.
To help you navigate the COVID-19 situation we have pulled together some useful links and information.
If you run a business there are a number of national and state based government initiatives that are now in place to help:
- Small Business Support – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
- Sole Trader support – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/support-available-for-sole-traders
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/temporary-relief-for-financially-distressed-businesses
- Increasing the instant asset write off – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/instant-asset-write-off
- Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws – https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws
If you have a home loan
The reactions of the lenders to the out-of-cycle RBA rate cut have been wide ranging. If you would like to check you are still getting the home loan that suits your needs, please get in touch.
If you have lost your job
- Individual affected by coronavirus – https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected-coronavirus-covid-19
- Lender hardship contact details – https://marketingcdn.afgonline.com.au/website-assets/Smartonline/covid-19/Hardship-Contact-Details_v002.pdf
- Making financial decisions – https://moneysmart.gov.au/covid-19
- Early access to superannuation – https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/early-access-to-superannuation
- Fair Work Ombudsman – https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/ending-employment-during-coronavirus
Mental health support
- Life line – https://www.lifeline.org.au/get-help/topics/mental-health-and-wellbeing-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
- Heads up for small business – https://www.headsup.org.au/healthy-workplaces/for-small-businesses
Important general links:
- Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19
- How to protect yourself: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus-covid-19
- Australian Government, The Treasury: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus
- Government of Western Australia: https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/McGowan/2020/03/COVID-19-economic-response-Relief-for-businesses-and-households.aspx
- Global: https://www.investopedia.com/government-stimulus-efforts-to-fight-the-covid-19-crisis-4799723
- Travel: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19
This is a tricky time for us all, but together we can get through it. I hope you and your families remain safe and healthy during this time.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if I can help.
Any advice contained in this article is of a general nature only and does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Therefore, before making any decision, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice with regard to those matters. Information in this article is correct as of the date of publication and is subject to change.